If you live in New York City and have been charged with arson – experienced and professional assistance is available from the attorneys of Raiser and Kenniff, PC. We understand the seriousness of an arson crime and the long sentence that may be handed down by a court. Our legal experts will look into the evidence in your case, perform a thorough investigation and present you with all possible options. You will be kept informed and know exactly where you stand.
In the city of New York, there are different degrees of arson. Any conviction of arson can result in a permanent record, which will have a negative impact on your life regardless if it is a misdemeanor or a felony. Our New York City firm has skilled attorneys who can assist if you are charged with any of the following:
• Fifth-degree arson is charged when an individual causes non-permissive damage, in the form of explosion or fire, to the property of another. This crime is a Class A misdemeanor.
• Fourth-degree arson is charged when an individual causes an explosion or fire that causes damage to a vehicle or building in a reckless manner. This crime is a Class E felony. If you are accused of fourth-degree arson, you should obtain the services of a skilled arson lawyer immediately.
• Third-degree arson is charged when an individual causes the destruction by fire of a vehicle or building where it is not evident that there were people inside. This crime is a Class C felony.
• Second-degree arson is charged (and may be an elevation from the third-degree charge) when the accused individual was aware that a non-involved person was inside the car or building when the explosion or fire occurred. This crime is a Class B felony.
• First-degree arson is charged when an individual uses an incendiary device or accelerant to cause a fire for financial gain that causes harm to persons inside the structure. This crime can bring a sentence of life imprisonment.
If you are accused of arson at any level, it is crucial that you obtain the services of legal counsel immediately. You have a much better chance of avoiding conviction with a skilled felony lawyer working on your behalf. Contact the criminal lawyers at Raiser & Kenniff, PC, today at (212) 274-0090.
Oops! We could not locate your form.